Catch the Blue Angels Air Show excitment from Angel Island State Park during Fleet Week SF 2016.
As a Special Fleet Week SF 2016 run, Angel Island Ferry is adding an extra return ferry at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 7, 2016 (Only) for people wanting to watch the Blue Angels Air Show on Angel Island State Park.
Take a Tram Ride to watch the Blue Angels Air Show from a great vantage point…the middle of San Francisco Bay.
Tram runs every half hour! Once on Angel Island, you can catch a Tram Ride to Battery Ledyard, an ideal location to catch all the Blue Angels Air Show fun and excitement.
Tram rides for this event are just $6.00 per person round-tip, and run EVERY HALF HOUR to Battery Ledyard from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Once the Blue Angels Air Show concludes, everyone will be shuttled back to catch the special 4:30 pm. Angel Island Ferry return ferry to Tiburon, California.
To make the most of your day-trip to Angel Island State Park, Captain Maggie offers the following travel tips:
- Once on Angel Island, stop by the Visitors Center in Ayala Cove to pick up a map of the island.
- Plan extra time to park in order to arrive at Angel Island Ferry’s Tiburon, California, dock to catch your desired ferry.
- Wear sturdy shoes for walking, and dress in layers.
- Pack along snacks and extra drinking water for everyone in your party.
- Bring along a wide-brimmed hat, light colored long sleeve shirt and sunblock.
- Have some cash on hand for food and souveniers.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy, stop by the Angel Island Cafe for a bite to eat…or plan ahead and order their delicious box lunches to be ready upon your arrival.
Fleet Week SF is a special time on Angel Island State Park. Plan ahead and give yourself some extra time pre-show to spend exploring Angel Island.Angel Island State park is home to the U.S. Immigration Station. Many of the facilities at the Immigration Station are ADA accessible. Please click here for additional info. about access and tours or call (415) 435-5537.
In addition, both the Angel Island State Park Guard House and Chapel (pictured right) will be open to visitors during the Fleet Week SF 2016 weekend.
“Getaway without going away…with a ride on Angel Island Ferry.”
Captain Maggie McDonogh & Crew invite you to experience the beauty and awe of Angel Island State Park whenever you are looking for a quick getaway in your own backyard. Angel Island – Tiburon Ferry is the Bay Area’s #1 ferry to Angel Island State Park with non-stop ferries running 7 days a week out of beautiful Tiburon, California during the month of October.
PS: We are also OPEN Columbus Day, Oct. 10, 2016! Plan a fun Angel Island getaway and spend some quality time with friends and family…in paradise.